Royal Society University Research Fellow (~ Assistant Professor)
My research is focused on probabilistic methods for localization, state estimation and mapping for robots and autonomous systems. I am also interested in high dimensional motion planning and manipulation for walking robots.
- Dynamic Robot Systems Group
- Oxford Robotics Institute
- AIMS CDT/PhD Program
- Department of Engineering Science
- Email: mfallon at robots.ox.ac.uk
- Office Number: (+44 1865) 6 13951
- Address: George House, 23 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 6NN.
- Directions to George House
- October 2017: We have had two successful UK Research Projects funded. As a result we will be recruiting several Post Docs and aim to have the candidates in place in Jan 2017. The deadline for applications is 10 Nov 2017. The Details and applications system are here.
- August 2017: We have had two successful EU H2020 Projects funded. Both start in Early 2018.
- since April 2017: Royal Society University Research Fellow at Oxford Robotics Institute.
- 2013-2017: Chancellor’s Fellow, School of Informatics at the University of Edinburgh
- 2012-15: Perception Lead, MIT DARPA Robotics Challenge Team
- 2012-15: Research Scientist, MIT Locomotion Group with Seth Teller and Russ Tedrake
- 2008-12: Post Doc, Marine Robotics Group, Massachussetts Institute of Technology (MIT) with John Leonard
- 2004-08: PhD, Information Engineering, University of Cambridge with Simon Godsill
- 2000-04: BEng, Electronic Engineering, University College Dublin, Ireland
I will teach Image Processing and Estimation Theory in Michaelmas (Autumn) 2017.