Royal Society University Research Fellow (~ Assistant Professor)
My research is focused on probabilistic methods for localization, state estimation and mapping for robots and autonomous systems. I am also interested in high dimensional motion planning and manipulation for walking robots.
I am a Faculty Member of the Oxford Robotics Institute where you will find more detailed information about our research.
- Email: mfallon at robots.ox.ac.uk
- Office Number: (+44 1865) 6 13951
- Address: Felstead House, 23 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 6NN.
- Directions to Felstead House
- August 2017: We have had two successful EU H2020 Projects funded. Both start in January 2018.
- since April 2017: Royal Society University Research Fellow at Oxford Robotics Institute.
- 2013-2017: Chancellor’s Fellow, School of Informatics at the University of Edinburgh
- 2012-15: Perception Lead, MIT DARPA Robotics Challenge Team
- 2012-15: Research Scientist, MIT Locomotion Group with Seth Teller and Russ Tedrake
- 2008-12: Post Doc, Marine Robotics Group, Massachussetts Institute of Technology (MIT) with John Leonard
- 2004-08: PhD, Information Engineering, University of Cambridge with Simon Godsill
- 2000-04: BEng, Electronic Engineering, University College Dublin, Ireland
I will teach Image Processing and Estimation Theory in Michaelmas (Autumn) 2017.